Friday, June 25, 2010

You are great because...

It's Friday! Woooooo :)

Now I want everyone to go into the weekend feeling happy and inspired, so I would like to do a little "kick-in-the-butt-indulgent-reminder" discussion today. (Yeah, it's weird, but you already know I'm all about making up things ;) )

I know we all have our down days (or weeks), but there is something (or many things) great and wonderful about each of us. Sometimes it's hard to remember this when you're feeling behind, or procrastinating, or stuck for ideas, or too busy to do what you love. Whatever the case may be, you're not alone and you are wonderful.

Got that?

You ARE wonderful. Because of who you are, not because of what you do or where you are.

It's not enough today to just repeat it after me, so I want each of you to share with me why you are.

It could be anything--because you're happy, fun-loving, a great writer, quirky, brave, positive, good at your job, caring, confident, like animals/people/creatures/aliens, a good parent/brother/sister/friend/aunt/uncle--okay.. you get the point. It literally can be annnyything. It just has be something that you know makes you wonderful.

I shall start:

I am wonderful because I am able to think outside of the box, am creative and am a loyal friend.

Now it's your turn to share: what makes you wonderful? Because remember, you are, we just need to be reminded every now and again.

Have a great weekend Everyone :)

13 comments:

Erinn said...

it' so much easier to say something nice about someone else.

I'm wonderful because I stick to my deadlines. It doesn't sound like much but it's an important skill to have.

WritingNut said...

Erinn - Trust me, I know! I struggled, and this post was my "brilliant" idea. And that is a VERY important skill to have. Thanks for sharing! :)

Kenda Turner said...

Wow, why is it so hard to say "I am wonderful because..." But I'm going to give it a try.

I am wonderful because I try to see the best in people and not be picky about the other stuff!

Glad to meet you, and thanks for the follow. Looking forward to dropping in on your writing "nutshell" occasionally to see what's going on in your little corner of the world :-)

Creepy Query Girl said...

Thanks! You're pretty awesome yourself:) lol. I guess one of the things that ain't so bad about meself is that I'm dedicated. whatever it is I'm doing, im in it 100 %

Angie said...

Gee, thanks. Let's see. I don't feel so wonderful today. I am wonderful because I am forgiving and I don't judge.

Anonymous said...

My vain self is loving this! :D You're super-awesome fabulous yourself!

I'm wonderful because I'm unafraid to be who I am. I can take it if someone is turned off by me, not that I'm mean so why should they be? And I'm creative, too.

Talli Roland said...

Aw! That's so sweet.

I'm wonderful... because I'm not afraid of trying even though I'm terrified of failing.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the warm fuzzy.

Joanne said...

Great thoughts here ... I am wonderful because I love being inspired by others! Happy Saturday to you :)

Jan Cline said...

It's so nice to read inspirational thoughts and wishes. I am wonderful because I was created to be special in God's eyes.

Bobbie Klein said...

I love this! We do forget that it isn't what we do but who we are that makes us wonderful.
I'm wonderful cause I think I am a really good friend and that I am an awesome mom! (ok--so I got carried away:))

Aubrie said...

You are so great at encouragement! I'm wonderful because I don't give up. I'm on my fourth book and still querying agents!

WritingNut said...

Thank you all for your kind comments and for sharing :).

I'm so glad everyone was able to think of something that makes them wonderful - because really and truly, you ALL are great! *hugs*

Lydia Kang said...

What a lovely reminder! I'm wonderful because I try hard to accomplish all the goals I set for myself!