Monday, October 12, 2009

Completely Confused

Progress has totally and completely halted. I don't know what happened! Okay, I kind of do.

I haven't been writing all that much in the last few days. I'm currently just over 65k, but if you remember a few posts ago in September, I mentioned that I had left out a very significant chapter at the beginning of my book? Well, now it's coming back to haunt me. Unless I go and shape and define this chapter, I don't know if I can move forward with writing this piece.

I'm at a very crucial point in the novel that depends heavily on that chapter. Not only does it set the tone for the rest of the book, and possibly the series, but it's a huge deciding/enlighting/EVErything factor! And it has to be accurate. The problem is--you can't have accurate unless you have the information, and I don't have it!

The thing is--I haven't quite decided what I want to happen in that beginning chapter. My MC is supposed to have a serious talk with someone about what is going on with her, but I'm suddenly iffy about whether this someone should even know. Mind you, if I decide they shouldn't, this might change quite a bit of the entire book, and it's going to mean some very long nights for me to make it right again. I think it makes it better though, so it may very well be worth it. At the same time however, on the other hand, it also clarifies quite a few things and... argh... I'm completely confused!

The only thing I do know is that I can't move forward until this is sorted out. Ahhhh!

Something tells me we're not hitting that October 25th deadline anymore. I'm not too, too concerned with that--I'd rather figure out what I need to do first.

First things first... I'm going to go attack that rogue chapter... Wish me luck!

Bye for now!

p.s. Happy Columbus Day/Happy Thanksgiving (depending on what you're celebrating) to everyone out there!

No comments: