Saturday, August 8, 2009

Status Update #1

I am up bright and early on Saturday morning and I am back up to 21k! :) I am taking a little break and I had to come and provide updates.

This is extremely exciting for me. I'm not entirely sure how long I'll be able to keep it - I suffer from constantcompulsiverevising-itis. Quite serious.

I've learned though. I used to actually DELETE (should that be a four letter word?) everything I had and start from scratch. You have no idea the hours I spent lamenting over lost words. As time goes by, it's hard to remember exactly what it was you wanted to say and how you wanted to say it. That's why we write it down! Now instead, I keep the old stuff, and merely start anew if necessary or do my favourite: REVISE.

I'm going to go re-read what I have and see if I like it. It's currently at six chapters. That little walk earlier in the week really helped me! I need to declutter my life and mind, figuratively speaking (maybe literally?). Where do I start?

Okay, I'm off - I need to make this a very productive day.

Bye for now!

No comments: