Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Back From Hiatus... 4 Years Later... And Here We Go!


Ahem... Knock, knock... Anybody home...?

Hello again friends :)

It's been a VERY long time.  Far too long...

I'm having a hard time believing that my last post was in February, 4 years ago.  4 years ago guys...  

As a result, it seemed quite fitting to return in February too.  

I've truly MISSED all of you!!  And I will freely admit that I have silently creeped on most of you over the last few years.  Come on... could I really stay away? ;)

I'm sad to see some of you have stopped blogging, or taken a break (although I'm not one to talk ;)), yet ecstatic that so many of my other favorites are still going strong.  I will be around to visit each and every one of you over the coming weeks, I promise :)

I'm sorry for disappearing.  

It wasn't planned, nor was it expected.  Life took... an interesting turn, to say the least.  It's funny how people always say, "well, life got in the way"... I'm not sure I really understood what that meant until now.  Life does indeed get in the way.  Sometimes, life has other plans for you.. and suddenly, without warning, you find yourself on a completely unintended path, winding down an unfamiliar river, all the while hoping you emerge somewhere safe and dry.  

I've meant to return to blogging for quite some time now.  It feels like a part of me was missing the entire time I was away.  Yet I was struggling.  Struggling with where I was, what I wanted, where I was going....but mostly...how to make my life my own again... While I could see the end goal.. I couldn't quite reach it... couldn't quite touch it...

These last few years have been filled with change... with the unexpected... with loads of uncertainty at every turn, each corner met with an uncanny mixture of unprecedented endings, and hopeful new beginnings.

Sort of like some of my favorite books ;)

While so much has changed...in the grander scheme of things, it also seems like it all stayed the same.  I've grown, I've evolved, I've learned, I've loved, I've fallen apart.  I've felt like my very soul was being ripped out at times... But somehow...most of all... I'm still me... I'm still here.  

I will have some updates of my journey over the upcoming weeks, as well as a possible revamp of the blog.  

I'm still writing, I'm still hoping, I'm still dreaming.  

I hope you are too.

Now... your turn! Tell me, fill me in... I want to know everything!  How have you guys been?  What's new?  What's changed?  

Any one of you wonderful, amazing writers get signed while I was gone?  Do you have books out?  New series?  I hope you did, I hope you do and I can't wait to celebrate with you!

Love, 
WritingNut

36 comments:

Ryan Sullivan said...

Hi! Welcome back!
I used to write blog posts about writing on The Dark Corner of the Mind. I have a new blog now, where I write about my life and thoughts instead, a diary of sorts. I thought readers might prefer to know who I am, get an inside look, rather than read about writing.
It has very few followers, so if you're still interested in following my journey, please click on my name above and give it a follow. :)

H. R. Sinclair said...

Welcome back! I hope you are doing well.

WritingNut said...

Hi Ryan! Thanks so much for stopping by! I will definitely pop over, of course I'm still interested! :). I'm thinking of revamping my blog to slightly the same idea... With a little more of me throughout.

WritingNut said...

Holly!!! Ah! It's so, so good to see your name!!! Awww, I'm on my way over! I've missed you!!

Cherie Reich said...

Welcome back! I'm glad to hear you're still writing. :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Welcome back! Has it really been that long? Wow. Good to hear from you.

Unknown said...

Welcome back! I've just returned from a pretty long hiatus as well. I know what you mean about life getting in the way and having a mind of it's own!

I'm glad you're still writing though and I'm glad you're still you :-)

Jay Noel said...

4 years? Now THAT is a hiatus. I've been out for almost three months, and that's nothing compared to your absence.

But I've been keeping up with you on FB, so I guess that's why it doesn't feel like you've been gone a whole four years!

Welcome back.

Kenda Turner said...

Name from the past! Glad to 'see' you again!

WritingNut said...

Hi Cherie! Thanks :) I'm glad to see you around these parts again!

WritingNut said...

Alex!! Our fearless Ninja Captain! I can't believe it's been this long either... I'm so happy to be back :)

WritingNut said...

Hi Taryn! It's pretty crazy how even the things you love can fall to the wayside... I'm very glad we are both back... I'll be around to visit soon!

WritingNut said...

Hi Jay! Haha, you're right, I think I've got you beat! ;) Thanks for dropping by, I can't wait to see your new updates as well.

WritingNut said...

Kenda!!! Talk about a name from the past! I think you were among some of my very first followers over 4 years ago! I've missed you! Will be over shortly :)

Trisha said...

Welcome back! That is quite the hiatus :) I hope everything is good in your life now.

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm thrilled to hear you're still writing. I lost you from blogging, then my Facebook group, and then I stopped seeing you on Facebook. Glad to see you again. Can't wait to hear more about you.

Krispy said...

Welcome back!! Thanks for stopping by A Nudge again, and I'm glad to see you're back to blogging and writing! I totally know what you mean about "life getting in the way." It really can sometimes!

And, yes, I do remember you. Looking forward to new posts! :)

Tabitha Bird said...

Welcome home :)

WritingNut said...

Thanks Trisha! I would say I'm definitely in a better spot now :)

WritingNut said...

Hi Theresa! It's been so long! It's so good to see you again too :)

WritingNut said...

Krispy - thanks so much! I loved the revamp of your blog too. Crazy how much has changed!

WritingNut said...

Hi Tabitha!! It's so good to see you! And that's EXACTLY what it feels like... coming home. I couldn't have put it better myself - thank you :)

Jemi Fraser said...

HI! So nice to have you back in the bloggyverse! I totally (TOTALLY!) understand about life getting in the way. I'm very snowed under by life as well. I'm still dreaming too, and for these past few years I've been working on the craft. I've probably written 5 stories - some of which I've trashed, some I'm continuing to polish. Definitely getting closer to putting my stuff out there!! :)

Janet Johnson said...

Welcome back!! Life is crazy, and man, the loops it can throw at us. I'm so glad to see you're in a better place and still dreaming and writing. A lot has changed for me in the last four years, but I hold a special place in my heart for all those other dreamers I met in the blogosphere all those years ago. So glad to see you're back! :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I also feel sad when some bloggers no longer show up on my feed since I've gotten so used to them. Life does get in the way. If I'm away from blogging for a while when life gets hectic, I feel like I'm missing out on something.

Michelle Wallace said...

Welcome back to the blog-o-sphere!
Writer In Transit

WritingNut said...

Hi Jemi! Thank you so much... And good luck with everything! I have a feeling this will be our year :)

WritingNut said...

Ah! I know exactly what you mean Janet! It truly is like reconnecting with your family in a way. By the way, I love the new blog :)

WritingNut said...

Hi Medeia! It's so good to see you! That's exactly how I've felt.. Like a part of me was missing. It really is good to be back.

WritingNut said...

Thanks Michelle!

Tamara Narayan said...

Hi! Hmm . . . in the past four years, I published a bunch of short stories online with a tiny publisher, but the lady in charge is moving on to other things so now I have my stories back. I'm researching how to post my own stuff on Amazon and I got into a ISWG anthology. So things are cool.

The Happy Whisk said...

Welcome back but hey, where did you go? I haven't seen a new post.

Zan Marie said...

Welcome back! And {{{hugs}}} for the journey.

WritingNut said...

That's amazing Tamara! Such great news :) I'm sorry the lady you were working with moved, but that only means bigger and better things are on the way! And ISWG rocks!

WritingNut said...

Thanks Ivy! And yes, I have been struggling! BUt I finally managed to get one up today..I promise to be better!

WritingNut said...

Thank you Zan Marie! Means so much :)