Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloweeny Shaped Clam Chowder Made By Simon Cowell

Hi Everyone!

Goodness, we're already in October! It's crazy how quickly this year is moving.

I was originally going to talk about cluttered spaces and ideas being trapped today, but I've recently signed up for Alex J. Cavanaugh's Insecure Writer's Support Group (first Wednesday of every month), and I think I'll save this topic for then. You guys should definitely head over and check it out if you haven't already (and if you haven't heard of Alex or visited his blog, please rectify this immediately, because he is just awesome!).

Hmmm, so now that my topic for today is gone, I think I'm going to share a few bits of Monday randomosity with you... since it's been a while ;)

1. I've recently started watching The X Factor (US version). I don't know what it is with me and Simon Cowell--he just cracks me up.

2. I'm itching to finish my edits today, but I think I've just discovered a major flaw that will require a significant rewrite.

3. I seriously want to go to Disney World (again), and have the clam chowder at Magic Kingdom.

4. I'm feeling very Halloweeny (yup, it's all about making up the words today)... I want to watch scary movies and make cookies shaped like witches and ghosts. Must be the weather.

5. There is a spider web outside my window in which a gazillion little midges are caught (May and September are their seasons). It's disturbing. I was going to include pictures, but after careful consideration, decided against it.

How about you guys? Any bits of random to share on this lovely Monday? Anyone else feeling Halloweeny? Should we plan a trip to Disney World? Who's in?

21 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

I'm always up for a trip to Disney. Love that place. I just finished a round of edits and I'm really happy about it.

Joanne said...

While querying, I'm working on a ms revision, just beginning it actually, taking notes and outlining what I want to do.

Happy October to you, I love this time of year too :)

Jennie Bennett said...

I'm all for Disney world if we can go visit Harry potter at universal as well :) Clam chowder sounds surprisingly good even though it's morning. And I <3 Simon. The end.

Linda Kage said...

Hey, I'm feeling halloweeny too! Two days in a row I've dressed my 20-month old in halloween gear. Tis the season.

Margaret said...

I'm wanting pumpkin cookies and spice cake. That says fall to me.

Sheri L. Swift, Author said...

Definitely, I love holidays and can never wait! Lol! Already decorated! ; )

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think Halloweeny is a word! And thanks for mentioning the support group - and for the nice words. Sounds like you are ready for Wednesday.

Jon Paul said...

Not feeling Halloweeny yet, but I'm sure it's right around the corner.

Being in Sicily, we aren't privy to the annual introduction of the Starbuck's Pumpkinspice Latte, so perhaps that's why it's late this year.

And yeah, it has been a kinda random Monday, though I'm quite certain Simon Cowell had nothing to do with it! :D

vanyelmoon said...

You could combine your holloweeny feeling and the Disney trip and schedule to go to the "Not So Scary Holloween Party" in Disney. It's loads of fun :)

Southpaw said...

Thanks for not including that picture. :)

Autumn is for awesome. I love the holidays, the trees, and the weather.

PS: I changed my URL and username back to southpaw, but managed to mess up my feeds.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I'll go to Disney with you--in a heartbeat!!! LOVE it there and the food!

I've been watching the X Factor too. It is really good.

All my mums are planted and Halloween decorations are out. Bring it! LOL

Alleged Author said...

I've been thinking about watching "The X-Factor" but am unsure if I can get into it. Now I will give it a go!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

I've been to Disney World once and thoroughly loved it. I'd love to go back one day.

Sarah Tokeley said...

I would so so love to visit Disney World.

Lydia Kang said...

Oh, the major flaw requiring a rewrite...I'm on the cusp of that myself. Drat.

Maggie Asfahani Hajj said...

My favorite food at Disneyland (I don't know if they have it at Disneyworld) is the beignets. Oh my goodness. I think it's in the same realm as the clam chowder, right? In the French Quarter?

Peggy Eddleman said...

I love that you want to go to Disney World for the clam chowder! But still, I'm totally in.

Oh, and thanks for not including the spider pictures. :)

Talli Roland said...

Yay! The X Factor! It's been in the UK for quite some time, and I love it!

Unknown said...

I'm totally feeling Halloweeny, especially after seeing the new shipments of pumpkins and gourds at the market. I think I might plan a pumpkin based feast for Halloween!

Jolene Perry said...

Made-up words are the BEST.

Family going to Portland for my brother's wedding :D It's no disney world, but he has a small acrobatic airplane that's sure to make me throw up just as much as I would on any kind of ride . . .

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling Halloweeny and enjoying this cooler October weather. Finally, it's not sweltering where I am. :)